HAPPY BIRTHDAY LORD

I pray thee dear Lord to receive with great delight,
This gift which I present to You on this alter of light.
As You look upon this offer born of my little might,
May Your eyes behold such a lovely sight.
On this day You were born human that You may bring light,
To a world that was almost doomed to eternal night.
Darkness rose and put up a deadly fight,
And all Bethlehem was filled with terrible fright.
With all of Herod’s great power and might,
He was unsuccessful in his quest to take away Your birthright.
You lived & died, & they hid You in a tomb away from human sight,
But You rose on day three & now sit enthroned on the highest height.
It still amazes me that You agreed to share in my plight,
And endure sin’s hurt which outweighs that of a snake bite.
So for all You went through just to color my sins white,
I couldn’t think of a better time to present You this gold than a morning so bright.
Happy Birthday dear Lord.

Comments