LAMENTATION

What do I do to again please the God of HEAVEN?
I can’t believe my strong faith has been preyed upon by a RAVEN,
Oh! How glorious it was in two thousand and ELEVEN,
Then, I wouldn’t take a second look no matter how beautiful the MAIDEN.
Day shall come when I’ll give account for my life, this fact is CERTAIN,
I pray revival comes before then lest I end up FORSAKEN,
I should overcome the world, but isn’t it funny how life’s cares got me SHAKEN?
Now it’s like I never received God, even the wicked freaks out by some offers I’ve TAKEN.
I’m quite familiar with job’s story, but when trials came I couldn’t draw a thing or two from that LESSON,
Instead I doubted the Lord and almost succumbed to a wife’s SUGGESTION,
Filled with the fruits of my own ways, & wrong deeds have my soul to THREATEN,
My spirit wears out by thoughts of the possibilities of getting my crooked ways to again STRAIGHTEN.
Instead of miracles, I deliberate on the performance of the magic acts of RAIDEN,
The impact of my separation from the Lord is like the weight of a heavy LADEN,
If my spirit could shed tears, my tears would fill a BASIN,
I’m sick of this misery, can someone tell me what to do for the lion in me to AWAKEN.

Comments