FAITH & TRADITION 1


SCENE 1

(Goro’s Region. Away from earth)


GORO: I am greatly displeased with the recent go of things in this domain. We seem to be losing it on every side and that is costing me the joy I’ve not had in eternity. The children of light are growing fruitful and prosperous by the day, and that is making their maker very glad. There is joy in heaven every now and then while I sit here wearing this frown endlessly. And that’s because of your incompetence! How difficult is it for you to manipulate the children of light, make them forget their first love and quit practicing the laws of God? Look, as long as the love of God remains in their hearts and they keep practicing his laws, we’ll never stand a chance against them. Their numbers will keep increasing. You have to discourage them from continuing with such practices. Steal love from among them and sow seeds of discord, thereby making them to turn from the faith and start to betray and deceive each other. That way we can easily access their soul and destroy them without a drop of sweat. Is that too difficult for you?



TEGA: Most sovereign Goro. It is in no way difficult. The only challenges we have are those preachers of theirs who never stop exposing the secrets of standing firm in the faith to them. Even the newly saved chew positive confessions like gum. We hardly find them in a lose state. They are either praying or learning at the feet of the son of God, or busy carrying out their duties in the sanctuary of God. Can you imagine that the fear of evangelizing is slowly dwindling away? You need to see the way they fearlessly invade the fields to harvest ripe souls. And when we try to manipulate those they preach to into persecuting them, it doesn’t work. Only a few of them respond to our signals.


GORO: Quiet you moron! How dare you try to justify your incompetence with intelligent words? Did I not teach you everything you know? Or are you trying to beat me in my own game?


TEGA: Far be it from me to imagine such, let alone carry it out. It’s just that the resistance of the children of light is getting stronger by the day, and even the unsaved lack the will to resist the words of the saviour unlike before, and it confuses me.


GORO: You are indeed a moron. Have you not read in the scriptures where the ancient of days declared that he was going to do a quick work in righteousness? Or don’t you read the bible anymore? What sort of a demon are you? Don’t you know that in order to successfully bring about the fall of the children of light, you must be well acquainted with the word of God? Have you forgotten how I tempted the son of God in the wilderness? I used the word of God.


TEGA: But he didn’t fall into it nah (Interrupted)


GORO: (Interrupted) Sharap! Now listen to me, the bible says that iniquity shall abound in the last days, but that grace shall abound all the more. Some of them are perambulating in grace. They are really not aware of the efficacy of grace. We are going to infect their minds with philosophies and traditions. Yes, their very own philosophies and traditions. That will serve as a new teaching to loose disciples. You know how they all crave for knowledge. Even those who have not learnt enough want to be teachers. They are so obsessed about what they call RHEMA. Haha, we will give them our own RHEMA and instigate them to spread it among themselves. That way, confusion will rise among them. Then disputes and disunity will become the order of the day. When that happens, the spirit of the holy one will lose his grip on them. And they’ll fall back to the very ground from which they rose, licking their own vomit and craving for more. Hahahaha. (The others join Goro in demonic laughter)


TEGA: But great Goro, how do we transfer these philosophies and traditions the hearts of these sets of people? As we all know, they do all within their power to guide their hearts with all diligence. It will be difficult to trespass, especially with their endless commitment to the service of the almighty God.


GORO: You seem to be forgetting all I’ve thought you. Don’t tell me the prayers of the children of light have rendered you thoughtless.


TEGA: You can’t imagine how much. I nearly got burnt by the fire of God on my last mission to sow seeds of distraction in the meeting of the intercessors. If I did not dodge before they started screaming fire, you probably would be missing me by now because they would have bound me somewhere.


GORO: That would have been better, because you are more or less of no use to me. Even your words disgust me.


TEGA: I’m sorry great Goro.


GORO: Now listen to me, you and your army. Go to the churches and do as I earlier suggested. Locate a few from among them who are not watchful and prayerful enough, and pollute their minds with the philosophies and traditions of men through the media, then remote them to go about discussing it with their fellows. Their fellows will resist the philosophies and traditions initially, but when the challenges of life hit them, those who are not able to endure will hurriedly embrace these philosophies and traditions since it proposes an easy way out. That way we will slowly depopulate the kingdom of light and destroy the victims. Hahahaha. (The others join Goro in demonic laughter)


TEGA: Most sovereign Goro, you are indeed the greatest, and we shall continually stand in awe of your wisdom. To your reign there shall be no end. All hail king Goro!


ALL: Goro! Goro! Goro!


GORO: Enough! Now go and get the job done with immediate effect!


TEGA: That, shall we do. I and my army shall give you a cause to rejoice. I personally will not disappoint you.


GORO: You better not! Now get going!


TEGA: At your service great Goro. (Turns to army) Great army of darkness!


ALL: Here we are. Command us. We are here to serve!


TEGA: Let’s match to earth and carry out the will of Goro. Match on three. Three, two, one, match!


ALL: (They all match humming demonic melody {Jet Lee’s Martial Arts Hymn)


GORO: (Soliloquizes) Who told you I’m the greatest? And who also told you they shall be no end to my reign? Mcheeew! Just do what had better be done before our time here expires. That eternal fire shall also consume the very ones made in the image of God as well. (Demonic Laughter)



SCENE 2


(Dave & Tony’s Apartment)


TV: A very good evening to all our viewers out there, and welcome to today’s edition of the program; “TRUE LIES,” your one spot honey program on world-wide TV. We never get tired of coming your way to discuss delicate matters that have to do with you and the society at large. Last week we were able to conclusively establish that it is okay to have carnal knowledge of your bride to be before marrying her to ensure compatibility, and possibly, the fertility of her womb. Some religious folks however do not go well with this idea. But the resource person we featured in our studio was able to draw the debate to a close in favour of this idea. So what other prove could one need? Okay, that was it for last week. Today we are taking it to a whole new dimension. We’ll be discussing on the topic; “OUR HERITAGE, OUR CULTURE, OUR TRADITION” We have a resource person today as well whose going to enlighten us on this subject, and he’s no other person than he of which you well know. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Mr Wise. (Applause) You are welcome to the program Mr Wise. So what have you to say on this matter?


WISE: Yes! Like I always say; before there was ever anything we know of, there was tradition, which served as a pattern of living for our forefathers who did their quota in upholding them and passing them down to us. Now it is our duty to see to it that the efforts our ancestors put in to ensure the continuity of these traditions does not go down the drain.


TONY: (Cuts in) Dave! Turn the volume of that TV down nah! Ee never late for your eye? Which kind TV you dey watch sef by this time?


DAVE: “TRUE LIES” The name of the program is “TRUE LIES” It’s really enlightening. I’ve been following the program since its inception. It’s a blockbuster! I can’t afford to miss any edition. That’s what I’m watching.


TONY: By this time of the night? For Christ’s sake it’s 2am. You should be sleeping. 


DAVE: (Mischievously) You’re right there. I should be sleeping, and you should be the one watching this program since you’re planning to get married soon. This will open your eyes to basics you hold in low regard. I wouldn’t joke with it if I were you.


TONY: What can I possibly learn from those philosophers to ensure a lasting marital union? Their utterances are mere intelligent words from too much learning.


DAVE: Shouldn’t you respect those who have learnt that much? You are just a youth corper, and will be settling down immediately after service. You are still very much naïve if you ask me. Now these people come on air to share their knowledge of life with us for free. The least we can do is take advantage of it.


TONY: What advantage exactly? At least, I’ve watched that program a few times, and their ideas do not conform to biblical truths. It can serve those outside our faith, but definitely not those who call upon the name of God.


DAVE: You do not call upon the name of the Lord more than I do Dave. So don’t be sounding like you’re trying to restore a lost soul. I’m simply bringing to your knowledge some issues that require human wisdom to resolve. If you want to make a career of your spiritual prowess because of it, then go ahead. I shouldn’t have brought this up anyway. My bad. I thought I was being useful to a brother.


TONY: Dave, what’s up with the attitude? Please snap out of that mood. I am not obliged to go with your idea whenever you throw them at me. I am at liberty to comply or resist. Anyway, I’m feeling very sleepy, so I can’t discuss that now even if I wanted to. We’ll talk tomorrow. Good night.


DAVE: Don’t worry. I’ll still be here when you come running to me for help on how to solve a problem you created for yourself.


TONY: You better than anyone else in the world know I have no history with problems. And I don’t plan on starting.


DAVE: (Mischievously) Oh Tony—Tony—Tony, I wasn’t referring to you. Of cause the world knows you keep your distance from problems. I was referring to the girl you’re about to glue yourself to for life.


TONY: (Flares up) Hey—Hey—Hey, you should watch your mouth there! That girl has done nothing to warrant you calling her a problem. Why pick on her for no just cause?


DAVE: Relax Tony. I’m not picking on her. I’m just drawing your attention to some advice I got from “TRUE LIES”.


TONY: What sort of crappy advice is that? That I should have carnal knowledge of my wife to be and probably test her fertility before tying the nuts with her? How am I supposed to do that without falling into error?


DAVE: (Mischievously) I think you should rephrase the question this way; what are you going to do if you discover after the marrying her that you guys don’t go well together, and worst of all, that she can’t make babies?


TONY: That’s crazy mehn. You and I know Rose can’t be barren.


DAVE: (Mischievously Stern) I don’t know that broe, I don’t. And neither do you. So there might be need for some reconsiderations before your history with problems become a tragedy to write about. Oh-well, I’m just saying. You don’t have to take my words anyway. After all, you are not obliged to go with my ideas. You are at liberty to comply or resist. But if I were you, I would comply. I would comply BIG TIME!


TV: And so we’ve come to the end of today’s edition of “TRUE LIES” We do hope that our message has once again found permanent residence in your minds. If you forget anything we’ve said today, don’t forget that our tradition must always come before anything, and must be upheld no matter what. Okay, the program continues same time tomorrow. Make sure to tune in. Don’t miss out!


DAVE: (Turns off the TV) Okay. It’s now time to sleep. (Notices Tony lost in thoughts and calls him out of his reverie) Hey Tony what’s up? What’s bothering you?


TONY: You know, I’ve been thinking about what you just told me.


DAVE: Just go to bed meditating on it. You’ll wake up viewing things from a brand new perspective. I’m saying that from experience. Go ahead and catch some sleep now. Goodnight.


TONY: Goodnight.



SCENE 3


(Rose’s Apartment)


ROSE: Tony, is this some sort of a joke or something? What has suddenly come over you? I mean, what in the world has invaded your mind with this mindless notion? And you even have the boldness to confront me with it? This is such a crying shame! I’m so disappointed at you! Is this how you intend to lead me as a spiritual head after our wedding?


TONY: It seems all my persuasive words for the past weeks have fallen on deaf ears. Now hear this; they’ll be no such thing as a wedding if you choose to dismiss my proposition. You seem to be forgetting that I haven’t seen your parents yet. This whole marriage idea is just between us for now. I’m not trying to threaten you with that. It’s just that I have to be sure of what I’m getting into before getting into it. I’m not in for any surprises I might not be able to handle.


ROSE: Tony, what’s the matter with you? What has gotten wrong? This is not the Tony I know. The Tony I know will definitely not want to overstep such boundaries, let alone wanting confirm the fertility of my womb for any reason whatsoever. That he suddenly wants to do so is a clear indication that something is wrong. We’ve known each other for years now and you never demanded anything of this nature. Now we’ve finally agreed between ourselves to settle and you are getting like this? Come on Tony, think! This maybe a test. Or probably a temptation. Brace yourself up like the strong man of faith that you are and overcome it!


TONY: This is no temptation Rose. I know what I want and I want it as soon as possible!


ROSE: (Angry) This is it! There is a limit to what a woman can take from a man in the name of love and respect! I’m calling in some people from church to check on you and possibly pray for you. This madness has to stop.


TONY: Rose, this is between you and me. If you call anyone else into this matter, be sure to loose me forever. You might not consider my walking away a loss after all. Perhaps you never really cared about me. If you did, doing what I ask wouldn’t be a problem.


ROSE: Adultery won’t be a problem? Getting pregnant out of wedlock wouldn’t be a problem? Tony, are you listening to yourself? Well, just so you know, I will never do that. Not for you, not for anyone.


TONY: Okay then, I take that to be goodbye forever.


ROSE: (Pleads) Tony, don’t do this. Reason this again please. Don’t act upon irrational thoughts.


TONY: There is nothing to think Rose. I guess we were never meant to be. I’m sorry. Goodbye.


ROSE: Tony please….., (Tony opens the door and leaves)



SCENE 4


(Goro’s Region)


GORO: Hold it! Who is it that trespasses my territory with such audacity? No ye not that the great Goro does not wish to be disturbed?


TEGA: Forgive my unannounced entrance most sovereign Goro. It is your most loyal servant, Tega. I come to you with glad tidings.


GORO: Hmmm, glad tidings. I love glad tidings. Draw near and sweeten my ears with evil report.


TEGA: My lord, I and my army succeeded in instigating some group of people to put up a TV program called “TRUE LIES.” It is aimed at polluting people’s minds with the philosophies and traditions of men as you suggested. A young man named Dave became an ardent follower of the program and has passed a certain philosophy to his friend Tony, who intends to marry a girl called Rose after serving as a corp member. Right now Tony is onto Rose with demand of carnally knowing her and confirming the fertility of her womb before marrying her as suggested by the program. Rose is appearing headstrong, but Tony is sorely in our web. Thanks to the loose Dave. We’ll keep manipulating him into further blunders until there’s nothing left of his faith. Then a great number of believers will be discouraged by his fall and prompted to trail his paths.


GORO: Good job Tega. Good job. Continue that way with him. As for Dave, he was never a serious minded Christian. That’s why it was easy to get to him. Just keep spreading wrong information to the others through him and get them to become like Tony. Soon enough, they’ll be only a handful left in the kingdom of light.


ALL: (Demonic Laughter)


TEGA: But great Goro, what about Rose? She’s proving to be a hard nut to crack. How do I handle her?


GORO: She’s not just proving to be a hard nut to crack. She’s indeed a hard nut to crack. But she’s likely to give in because of her affection for the young man Tony.


TEGA: That’s a probability great Goro.


GORO: I know. If she doesn’t give in eventually, we will proceed to plan B. But if she happens to do so at any point, “KILL HER IMMEDIATELY” She’s a major threat to us and must be gotten rid of. Her death will be a major booster tradition. And even though she lives on, TRADITION WILL BE EXAULTED, AND FAITH SHALL FALL!


ALL: (Demonic Laughter)


To be continued...


Click below to read any PARTS you missed...

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
PART 4

Comments