BEFORE YOU SAY I DO (Episode 2)


SCENE 4 – PASTOR’S OFFICE – DAYS LATER

SONIA:    (Sonia crying in Pastor’s Office) Pastor please I beg of you, don’t let this opportunity pass me by like this. I really love Felix and want to spend the rest of my life with him. Whatever might be the problem can be solved with the help of God. I might go nuts if I lose him. Please pastor, do something to help your daughter.


PASTOR: That’s exactly what I’m trying to doing, but you’re not letting me. I smell insincerity in that young man. He has come with nothing but disaster. He is doing everything within his power to keep his distance from those over you as though he has some ill intensions he doesn’t want uncovered. You must be very careful not to let your emotions becloud you judgment.

SONIA:    Pastor please, maybe it’s just his kind of person. He’s not to forward with his dealings. He is kind of reserved. Please just give him a chance and you’ll get to love him eventually. Don’t you trust your daughter anymore? I wouldn’t bring a joker to present to you as my choice of a life partner. I really love this man. I ran a background check on him and the result came out clean. Felix is an honorable man sir. Please give us a chance.

PASTOR: Sonia, I know you are intelligent and from a decent background. But this is not a matter of putting one and two together. You need spiritual discernment to tell what is what. And from what I see, I can tell that marrying that Felix of a man is not the right thing to do. Are you even praying at all?

SONIA:    (Sonia cries all the more without answering the pastor’s question)

PASTOR: (Consoles Sonia) Stop crying Sonia. Everything will be alright. Just give God a chance to have a say in you affair and everything will be just alright. Get up my dear and wipe you tears.

SONIA:    Okay pastor. Thank you pastor. I believe that everything will be alright as you’ve said.

PASTOR: Everything will be alright indeed. Just keep in touch with me and let that young man be for now.

SONIA:    I will sir. I’ll be on my way now
PASTOR: It’s okay. Take care of yourself okay? SONIA:    Okay. Goodbye sir.
PASTOR: Goodbye. (Sonia leaves and pastor says a little prayer) Oh Lord, let thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Amen.

SCENE 5 – SONIA’S APARTMENT

DAD: (Door opens and closes) Stop crying Sonia. We have spoken to your pastor as your pastor as you requested, and he reluctantly agreed to let you go ahead with your marriage to Felix.

SONIA:    What!? Seriously!? (Shouts for joy and thanks her parents) Thank you so much daddy. I really appreciate this. Thank you too mummy. You are the best. I love you.

MUM:    You’re welcome my daughter. But if you ask me, I would advise you go with your pastor’s say on this matter. He is a man of God and sees more than we do. I don’t believe he would ask you to suspend you marriage to Felix for a no just cause. There must be something he has observed.

SONIA:    If he has, why hasn’t he said any such thing?

MUM: My daughter, sometimes, God simply wants us to obey. Remember our father Abraham? God simply told him to sacrifice his only son Isaac as an offering to him. He never mentioned to Abraham that he was just testing to see if he really loved him. It was when Abraham obeyed that he got to know God was just testing him.

SONIA:    So mum, are you saying that if I obey pastor and let go the idea of marrying Felix, God will later permit us to marry?

MUM:    I’m not guaranteeing you that. I’m simply saying that obeying God comes with a package you can never access without unless you obey. Don’t forget the woman of Zeraphet whom the prophet Elijah asked to give him her last meal which she was supposed to eat with her son before dying. The reverse happened to be the case when she obeyed the prophet, for God supplied all her needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. So my daughter, I would really advice you go with what your pastor says.

SONIA:    But mum… (Mum interrupts)

MUM:    It’s okay Sonia. Whatever you choice is, just know that your dad and I are solidly behind you.

SONIA:    Thank you mum. I love you mum.

MUM:    I love you too my angel.

SCENE 6 – RHODA & MARTINE’S APARTMENT – MORNING

RHODA: Honey good morning.

MART: Good morning sweetheart. How was your night? RHODA: It couldn’t have been better with you by my side. MART:    Reeaally??? I’ll take that as a complement.
RHODA: No sweetheart, it’s more than a complement. It’s a sure fact.

MART: Wow! In that case I love you too. (They both giggle) Oh sweetheart, what about your friend Sonia. I haven’t heard from or seen her for the past six months. I just can’t stop remembering her kindness and generosity towards us. If not for her, we wouldn’t have gotten married when we did. That double wedding thing was an excellent idea you know?

RHODA: Yes my dear. It really was. I haven’t communicated with her since her husband Felix took her to Germany on a tour. She promised to give me a call once she’s back. I’m still looking forward to that call.

MART: Must you wait until she’s back? You can call her.

RHODA: I’ve tried calling her, but I keep getting voicemail messages, so I resorted to waiting till she’s back. Let her have as much good time as she can. I pray she comes back pregnant. And that reminds me, I have good news for you.

MART: Good news? Please spell it out in a hurry!!! You know I’m addicted to good news.

RHODA: Come on dear, make a guess.

MART: Oooh, Rhoda honey, don’t kill me with suspense. Just tell me before my heart jumps out of my chest.

RHODA: Please o! Let no such thing happen now abeg. Anyways,

MART: Pregnant? Oh my God I can’t believe this. You’re pregnant for real? Thank goodness! So after two long years of marriage my diamond has finally conceived. Wooow! I’m so happy right now; I don’t even know how to express my joy.

RHODA: You can start by kissing me. (They both kiss)

MART: Honey, you’re the best in the world. I couldn’t have made a better choice of whom to marry. And now you are going to bear me a child and our family will be complete. This calls for celebration. We’ll surely do that when I’m back from work. Get ready, we’re partying tonight, just you and I. See you when I return. I’m running late for work. Please take good care of my baby okay?

RHODA: I will. Love you. Byeeee.

SCENE 7 – SONIA AND FELIX HOTEL ROOM, GERMANY – CONTINUOUS

FELIX: (Phone rings) Hello, this is Felix on the line. Oh’ oh’ oh’, how are you? I’m in Germany with Sonia at the moment. We’re returning to Nigeria in a week’s time. Oh no, I just brought my wife Sonia here on a tour. We are through anyway; we just decided to have seven more days all to ourselves before returning home. We’ll be there before you know it. Thanks for calling. Bye.

SONIA:    Honey who was that?

FELIX: It was that bomb that couldn’t finance his wedding to your friend. What’s that his name again o, ehm, ehm..,

SONIA:    Martins?

FELIX: Yes! Martins! He called to check on us. Abegi, he should go and learn how to make money jare and stop expecting that things will always play out like that for him so that he would have the chance to express his unfailing gratitude.

SONIA:    Haba sweetheart. Don’t talk about my friend’s husband like that. He’s a nice guy, just as you are.

FELIX: Me, a nice guy? I pray o. Look; you will never catch me being nice as long as you refuse to abort that pregnancy. I’ve told you times without number, I’m not ready to be a father yet. Just get rid of that thing you’re carrying in your stomach, and maybe we’ll start making babies after another two years is passed.

SONIA:    You want me to abort for a second time? What ever happened to the sanctity of marriage?

FELIX: Tell that to the birds. I’m not interested in fathering a child just yet, period!

SONIA:    What has come over you this time?

FELIX: What has come over me? Did you just ask what has come over me? Do I look crazy to you? Alright, since you consider me crazy, I’ll show you just how crazy men act. (Grabs and shakes Sonia violently and she starts crying)

SONIA:    Honey stop, you’re hurting me. You shouldn’t be doing this to me with this condition you put me in. Do you want to kill me?

FELIX: You are better off dead than give birth to that child. I’m leaving now. Use this whole day to make up your mind to go through with the abortion. If not, well, I need not say. Of cause you know already.

SONIA:    (Cries and laments) Oh my God why is this happening to me? Why is my husband asking me to abort our baby? I did it for him the first time and now he wants me to do it again. Oh’ God why? Why me, why me why me?

To be continued…….

Click below to read any PARTS you missed...

EPISODE 1
EPISODE 2
EPISODE 3
EPISODE 4

Comments