BEFORE YOU SAY I DO (Episode 4)


SCENE 10 - SONIA & FELIX’S APARTMENT, NIGERIA – CONTINOUS

SONIA:    Felix? True? You’re married?

FELIX: Yes Sonia, I’m married. This is my wife and these are my kids.

DAD: This young man is out of his senses! What are you saying? Are you trying to make my daughter your second wife?

FELIX: It wasn’t my intention to do so. But when I approached her and asked her to be my girlfriend, she came up with one silly policy that she doesn’t go out with guys who are not ready for something serious. From all indications, she wasn’t going to give me a chance, and I really loved her so much that I couldn’t just let her go. You see, it’s only you born again Christians who believe that a man must marry a girl before having sex with her. Since that was my only ticket in, I just had to marry her in order to have my way with her for as long as I stayed in Nigeria. That explains why I never wanted to have any babies with her. I didn’t come to Nigeria to stay. As a matter of fact, I wasn’t supposed to stay for this long. I was supposed to come and help establish a branch of my company here. My wife couldn’t leave her job to join me, so we agreed I could have a girlfriend. I met you and I liked. I never wanted her to get pregnant so that when the time came for me to return I would just go back abroad while she starts her life over again. But she messed things up with pregnancies.


DAD: And you choose my daughter to be your pleasure tool? Ehn? You choose my daughter to use her and dump her when you’re done. Mchew! Young man, I will do you something!

FELIX: I’m sorry about that sir. It’s just that out of all the girls I could lay my eyes on, she excelled, both inwardly and outwardly. She’s a true angel. I couldn’t have settled for anything less.

PASTOR: And you have just succeeded in destroying the angel I have been nurturing with the word of God all these years because of your selfishness. I hope you do not think for a second that you’re going to get away with this? Even if man refuses to bring justice on you by reason of your wealth, the God who placed me as a Pastor over this girl whose destiny you have destroyed will surely make you pay for this wickedness.

DAD: Pastor! What are you saying? Are you still leaving vengeance for God on this kind of matter? We must deal with this young man here and now, and take him from here to zone six afterwards.

SONIA:    (Crying) You knew you were married and you went ahead to marry me? What kind of a man are you? Do you even love the woman you call your wife? How could you do such a thing to her as well?

FELIX: My wife knew about it.

ALL: What?

WIFE: Yes, it is true. I knew about it. I’m well aware of my husband’s libido, so I permitted him to take a girl for himself while in Nigeria since I couldn’t join him because of my job. But I didn’t ask him to marry anyone o. I just asked him to get a girl who will satisfy him sexually until he returns to me in America. But when it took so long without him returning, I decided to come over in case something had gone wrong. And indeed, something went wrong. He married another woman without my knowledge, and that wasn’t even part of the plan. Honey why did you have to do that? I just don’t want to express my anger in front of all these people. Couldn’t you have taken another girl if this one was proving to be a hard nut to crack? Now look at the mess you’ve caused.

PASTOR: I can’t believe my ears. What kind of wife allows her husband to cheat on her? Is this what the world is changing into?

MUM:    (Crying) Oh my God, these people has finished my daughter. They have finished my daughter ooo!
SONIA:    Felix you are a bastard. You are a bastard. I hate you. I hate you. I will kill you. I will kill you.

DAD: Yes, kill him. I will join you

PASTOR: (They all pounce on Felix in attempt to maltreat him, but pastor tries to separate the fight.) Stop it! Stop it everyone! This is not the best way to solve this problem. If we end up killing this young man here, we’ll have to answer to the police and will be seen like worse people than he is.

DAD: (Angrily) So pastor what are you suggesting we do? This man is married with two kids, and my daughter is currently pregnant with his child which he wants her to abort like he made her abort the first without anyone’s knowledge.

WIFE: What? Felix! You did that to her?

FELIX: I’m sorry honey. I did everything to prevent her from getting pregnant. But she was so bent on making babies.

RHODA: You didn’t expect her to want to make babies after getting married? Felix, you’re so wicked! In fact, you’re the devil’s incarnate. How would you feel if someone did this to you daughter

FELIX: God forbid!

ALL: (Attacks Felix with words)

PASTOR: Please! Please! Please, let us not battle each other with word anymore. Let’s see how we can fix this.

DAD: I am really looking forward to that, because this young man is not going anywhere until he proposes an idea that will resolve this matter.

PASTOR: So Felix, now that it is like this, what are you going to do?

FELIX: I love my wife and kids, and I can’t leave them for Sonia. Neither can I take her as a second wife. Of course my wife won’t allow that. I’ll go back to America with my family once I’m done with my project here.

ALL: Eehhh!!!!!

PASTOR: And what about Sonia?

WIFE: (Interrupts) Please may I speak for my husband?

PASTOR: Go ahead.

WIFE: Thank you. Since I can’t make any more babies due to some medical issues according to my doctor, I would gladly adopt the baby when it is born. I have always wanted to have more than two children. That way, Sonia will have her life back and can go ahead and marry again.

FELIX: Yes! That’s perfect! My wife will take the baby.

SONIA:  (Crying) None of you will have my baby. It’s okay. I asked for this on myself and I will face it. Yes! I will face the consequences. See what has become of my life. I forget that the Lord is the potter of my life. I resolved to mold myself. See what mess I have landed myself in. Who would ever have thought that the all-knowing Sonia would be in a position like this? Oh God help me. I have returned as a lost sheep.

THE END

Click below to read any PARTS you missed...

EPISODE 1
EPISODE 2
EPISODE 3

EPISODE 4

Comments