FLIGHT MJ-219 – CHAPTER 2



Author: DEBORAH REX

He really needed that water this time, as panic overwhelmed him. And to make it worse, he was pressed because of all that water he had been drinking. A little drop of urine escaped into his cloths. “Ah, is this how I will embarrass myself here?”

The plane started shaking vigorously and he couldn’t hold it in anymore. He released everything right there on his seat, praying profusely that he lives to tell the story; or not tell sef. At least be alive to have that choice. The air in the plane became thin, and that was when he knew that he really paid attention while she demonstrated the safety procedures.


“Where the hell is this oxygen mask?” The woman behind screamed again, “Ewoooo, I can’t breathe, God will punish you!!! Evil step mother-in-law!!! This is how you want to kill me finally abi??? Marry your son yourself nah!!! My ghost will chase you down!!! Idiot!!!”

Every other person kept shouting Jesus; even the lady in the hijab. “Ladies and gentlemen, don’t panic. But we just lost the second engine and we have lost our connection to the tower” the pilot again announced.

"Your father!!! Useless pilot!!! We should not panic abi? Shege!!!” That lady at his back must be a really angry woman, he thought. He pitied her husband.

Loud screams of terror roared all across the plane. Even the slay queen by his side had not noticed that her fake eye lashes were now on her cheek. She was too busy crying and shouting “mummy o!!! I’ve not even gotten my dream man yet!!!”

“You dey craze!!! Na dream man you dey think abi? Oloshi!!!” That woman at his back had no chill at all. Suddenly, he felt a tap on his leg. Looking down, he saw her; the slender hostess. She had crawled all the way to his seat.

“Please come, I need your help”, the hostess said. He was totally shocked. Did she know him? He unfastened his seat belt and went with her. Both crawled away awkwardly. Nobody even cared where they were going, as the plane still staggered in the air. They got to the end of the plane. The other lady was seated on the other side close to the cockpit. 

“Please help me, please... Help me. I’m so scared. I don’t even know what to do”, the hostess cried out to him.

“We are all scared right now,” he replied. “What do you want me to do for you? I’m saved and I know where I’m going if anything happens,” he added.

“I’m so so sorry”, the hostess continued. He was confused. “What are you sorry for?” he asked. “Please there’s not much time. You must help me,” the hostess said, throwing him into confusion.

“Talk to me”, he urged her.

“I was ready to do it, but I saw you, and I don’t know. There’s something about you that has made me want to stop. But there’s no time. It’s already started.”

Further confused by the hostess’ words, he said; “I’m not sure I get what you’re saying.”

She paused for a second and spoke in whispers; “My name is Nana, and I’m the reason for this flight’s malfunction.”

“What?!” he screamed.

To be continued…

Click below to read any PARTS you missed...

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 4

Comments