FLIGHT MJ-219 – CHAPTER 3


Author: DEBORAH REX

“I’m sorry, I didn’t have a choice”

His heart started racing faster, his heartbeat louder than the screams in the plane.

“My family is with them,” she continued. “They will all be killed if I don’t do this.”

“Who are they? If you don’t do what?” he inquired.

“I can’t tell you their name, for your own good.”

“There’s no time for explanation. Why then did you call me? How do we stop this?”


“There’s nothing you can do.”

“What?! Look, you called me here, asked me to help, and you’re telling me there’s nothing I can do? Girl, don’t joke with me, this is not the time!!!”

“I have a bomb on me,” she confessed.

His mouth popped open, unable to form any more words.

“What...wha...what in heaven’s name are you doing with a bomb on you? How did you even get into the plane?”

“See, these people are powerful people. They said the bomb is scan proof. I don’t know how this went unnoticed in the scans”

“Can you disarm it?”

“No, they have the remote on them, and we have 6 minutes left”

“How does this connect to the plane’s malfunction?”

“It’s all a distraction, so the investigation won’t trace it to a murder.”

At that moment, the pilot’s voice came back on with another announcement. “Ladies and gentlemen, we have just one more functioning engine.  From my calculations, we are close to the Benin airport. Let’s see if we can land there before we lose the last one. That will take about 8 – 10 minutes.” The pilot sounded like he had just peed in his pants too.

“Father Lord in heaven, you see that my car, I will dash you if I come down from this plane today. Even that my shoe that I stole from mama Nkiru’s shop, I will return o. Biko just don’t allow my village people get me.” That same woman lamented again. She was something else.

“We won’t make it there in time. I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to die, and I don’t want to kill all these people either. But the man told me this is a revenge against someone on this flight and this was the way he wanted him dead,” the hostess informed him.

He looked into her eyes and all he could see was fear; deep fear. “We can find a way. Let me see it.”

“No!” she screamed. “If I as much as shift it forcefully, they will know.”

“How many minutes do we have left?”

“4 more minutes. There’s only one way. I have to jump out”, the hostess proposed to play the hero.

“Ehn?” he exclaimed.

“It’s either I die or we all die”.

“No please, no”.

“Three minutes, and twenty seconds left”.

“Let me at least try”, he said, refusing for her to carry out her resolve.

They moved into the lavatory and she raised a side of her shirt. He saw the bomb in a tiny box with a little beeping red light His hands were visibly shaking as he moved them closer to the box. He even forgot to breathe.

“Please be careful, please I beg you, be careful, these people may be watching,” she warned him.

"Be quiet. I'm trying to be careful. You think I want to die?" he retorted.

He was just about to hold it when the plane shook sharply and his hand hit the bomb. The red light immediately turned green and he inhaled sharply when he saw those numbers switch from the 3 minutes that was left to just 20 seconds more. The countdown then began to count from 20…19….18…

“No!!!” The hostess exclaimed!!! “What have you done???” Just 20 SECONDS MORE, AND IT’S OVER”

To be continued...

Click below to read any PARTS you missed...

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 4

Comments