FLIGHT MJ-219 – CHAPTER 4


Author: DEBORAH REX

Those were the longest twenty seconds of his life. “Oh my God… I’m sorry. We are out of time!!!”

“I have to go now. It's over”, the hostess notified.

He didn’t even realize he was crying. He just stared at her face.

“Hey!!!” she knocked him out of that emotional state. “We don’t have time!!! I have to go!!!”

They left the lavatory holding hands and staggering, as they moved through the aisle. All the panic stricken passengers were screaming at them. The clock was ticking… 17... 16...


“What’s happening?  Where are you going? You want to leave us here to die abi?” That same angry woman stood up and followed them.

“Stay away ma, for your own safety”, he warned.

“Stay away for what? I knew it all this while. The way you were asking for water like fish, you had something planned.”

The clocked was still ticking… 15... 14...

“Ma, this is not the time for this. You won’t understand. She has to go!!!”

“Go where? The woman retorted. “Is this a one chance bus that she can just enter and be going anyhow?”

They didn’t bother answering her. They moved straight to the exit door.

“14 seconds!!! It's time to go!!!” the hostess said.

The woman ran after them and dragged Nana away from the door.

"Let me go!!!” the woman screamed.

Do you know what you are doing???” he questioned.

Clock ticking… 13...

“Everybody stand back if you don’t want to die!!!” He shouted

Clock ticking… 12...

The children in the plane were crying so profusely. The pilot was screaming from the cockpit saying; “Nobody should go near the doors!!! Nana what am I hearing??? You want to jump??? We are almost at the Benin airport. Just five minutes away. Don't try it!!!”

Clock ticking… 11...

The elderly flight assistant was too terrified to move an inch away from her seat.

Clock ticking… 10...

"There's no more time,” the hostess said. “Let me go.”

Clock ticking… 9...

The exit door was opened. With tears in his eyes, he held her shoulders, pressing down hard on them.

"Why did it have to be you?” he lamented.

She turned away and said; “Goodbye, Mr…, what’s your name please?”

A though suddenly crosses his mind. “Wait a minute… forget my name… Are you saved?”

“What do you mean?” she asked confusingly.

“Are you born again?”

Clock ticking… 7...

“I don’t think so”, she replied.

“Please just accept Him now before you jump. That way, I can be sure of seeing you again.”
Clock ticking… 6...

“How?” she enquired.

Repeat after me, and be sincere… “Lord please have mercy on me. Accept me into your kingdom. Be my Lord and Savior.” She said it with tears in her eyes. “I do hope he has forgiven me?” she asked exhaustively.

Clock ticking… 5...

“He promised He will,” he assured her. “I can't say goodbye to you Nana. See you on the other side.” He said on a final note.

Clock ticking… 4...

“Goodbye John. That's the name I will call you. Please find my family. I have 3 seconds more,” she said finally. Then she took a deep breath while he held his breath. She closed her eyes and jumped… The bomb beeped it’s final count 3… 2…
1… and there was silence. No explosion. No bomb.

He watched her fall. Did they lie to her? Was she the target? Did she just jump off a plane for nothing? “Oh my God!!! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!” he screamed in terror. Nana please noooooooooooooooo, why, why why?????

Suddenly, he felt a tap on his shoulder. Turning sharply, he looked up and saw her; the slender hostess, Nana. He had been dreaming all along. But in reality he was in the plane, and there was a hostess by name Nana. As a matter of fact, she was with a cup in her hand to give to him, as she smiled at him.

"Nana???" He screamed…

There was shock written all over her face as to how he knew her name. However, she quietly said; “Sorry to wake you sir. Do you care for water please?”

THE END

Click below to read any PARTS you missed...

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4

Comments

Jane said…
Wow!!!
Jezuzboi© said…
Breathtaking Indeed!!! Your comment here is highly appreciated!!!
Jezuzboi© said…
Wow!!! Wow!!! Wow!!! Thanks for stopping by..