DIEMOND


Walking down the path of a cold and lonely road,
Saw a man advancing towards a fire while some others followed,
What seemed like a diamond in the fire brightly glowed,
The man jumped in and got it, and to everyone there he showed.

As a poor man, the diamond won’t do him any good than to be sold,
But when he found buyers, it was discovered to be only but a substance that glitters like gold,
Disappointed and frustrated, he casted it back into the fire and continued with his ways of old,
But the burns he sustained from the fire remains a story to repeatedly told.

I got to the fire and stopped to warm myself a little, for it was indeed cold,
The diamond and I recognized each other, for we had once celebrated together over a blackberry bold,
It asked me to come into the fire, for it thought I stopped by due to such memories which I could still hold,
The very memories that made me continue on my way immediately, not minding if I got frozen by the cold.

We choose the part we trade upon during our little time of stay in this world,
I fear for the reward of wrongs, for what is sown shall be reaped, even up to a seven fold,
So I pray thee dear porter, cracked defense walls need a re-mold,
For time is far spent, feels like we don’t even have until the morrow.

Comments