TRUE WORSHIP

LIGHTS UP ON:

ACT 1 - SCENE 1 - UPPER CENTER STAGE / LOWER LEFT STAGE / LOWER RIGHT STAGE


GREAT ONE walks in with LITTLE ONE, as LITTLE ONE inquires to know how long before GREAT ONE returns with him to the blissful paradise of higher beings. On getting to stage, Great One takes his seat at upper center stage while Little One takes his position right there beside him (where they are invisible to mortals).


LITTLE ONE
Great One, we’ve spent a very long time on earth. How much longer before we return to the blissful paradise of higher beings?

GREAT ONE
Little One, I am here to inhabit the praise of my people. They have dedicated this season to delight me with the fruit of their lips. I will not leave until I am intoxicated with their worship. This is the one thing I cannot do for myself. Therefore, I will not play down on a season like this when my people have chosen to offer it to me in excess. And as they worship in spirit and in truth, I will follow them everywhere they go. And my goodness and mercy shall not depart from them. I will surround them with favor as with a shield. I will bless them and their households. And I will give them life and vitality so that they can continue to delight me with the fruit of their lips.


LITTLE ONE
May your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.


GREAT ONE
It is that time of the day when they come out to worship. I am well seated, ready to inhabit their praise and receive their true worship. It’s going to be another great time with my beloved ones.


LITTLE ONE
(Spots DARK ONE approaching and worshiping)
Of course, Great One. One of them is already approaching with songs.


GREAT ONE
Great!!! I can hear her voice approaching...

GREAT ONE leans excitedly on the chair and anticipates the worship. DARK ONE walks in already uttering words of worship, and then sings Psalms and Spiritual songs. She gets to lower left stage and falls on her knees, singing “CASTING CROWNS.” As she sings, GREAT ONE expresses his delight (comically), while LITTLE ONE joins in the worship. Shortly after, GREAT ONE moves to DARK ONE and lays hands on her. At this point, her worship becomes inaudible. As GREAT ONE makes to return to his seat, LITTLE ONE spots FAIR ONE approaching and hints GREAT ONE of the coming of another worshiper.


LITTLE ONE
Great One, another worshiper is approaching.

GREAT ONE
(Excitedly)
Great!!! It’s about to get more intense!!!

GREAT ONE hops on his seat comically and anticipates FAIR ONE’S worship. FAIR  ONE walks stylishly to lower right stage, as she sings “YOU ARE ALPHA AND OMEGA” most professionally, comically twisting her sweet voice to deliver the song excellently. She intensifies her singing/voice twisting with all manner of body movement. But GREAT ONE sits still & stirs at her indifferently. After a while, her singing becomes inaudible, LITTLE ONE curiously asks;


LITTLE ONE
Great One, your reaction to the Fair One is not the same as your reaction to the Dark One. Why?


GREAT ONE
The Fair One is only singing but not worshiping. But the Dark One is worshiping. I am not moved by songs. I am only moved by worship.

DARK ONE intercepts with audible worship, as she sings “YOU ARE GOOD AND YOUR MERCY IS FOREVER, HALLELUJAH.” GREAT ONE immediately (comically) leaps from the chair and again starts expressing immense delight, as he receives DARK ONE’s worship. Again, he moves to her and lays hands on her. At that point, her worship becomes inaudible again, and LITTLE ONE speaks...


LITTLE ONE
Great One, she is getting all the benefits with the laying of hands. She is even getting the portion that was meant for the Fair One.


GREAT ONE
Yes!!! I can’t help giving them all to her. She has made it a habit to worship me in spirit and in truth, and to give me thanks in all situations. Therefore, I will load her with immeasurable daily benefits.


LITTLE ONE
(Points to FAIR ONE) And what about the Fair One?

All attentions shifts to FAIR ONE, who’s voice becomes audible again, as she continues her professional singing/performance (Comically), but this time, with a new song; “MY HELPER.” GREAT ONE watches her with a look of disappointment on his face. FAIR ONE soon rounds up her singing and remarks her performance saying;


FAIR ONE
Chai!!! Thank You Jesus!!! To sing no easy ooh... Thank God say I don finish. Mek I go do another thing.

FAIR ONE comically leaves stage. GREAT ONE then replies LITTLE ONE;


GREAT ONE
I will leave her with more mercy and abundant grace, wishing that she will one day fully recognize me as her owner and starts worshiping me in truth by seeking me...
(Points to DARK ONE)
...like she does, responding promptly to my commands like she does, and singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs to me like she does. Then, I will also load her with the benefits of true worshipers. For now, let me enjoy this atmosphere that has been created for me by this true worshiper.

DARK ONE becomes audible immediately and GREAT ONE leaps for joy. DARK ONE becomes inaudible again, and GREAT ONE remarks finally...


GREAT ONE
Little One, come with me. As she continues to worship, we will go with her wherever she goes, and my favour shall surround her like a shield. IT IS WELL WITH TRUE WORSHIPERS!!!


DARK ONE rises and walks off stage still worshiping. GREAT ONE & LITTLE ONE follow behind; basking in the euphoria of her worship...

THE END

GO ON THE COMMENT AREA AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS PLAY-LET

Comments