WASTED DESTINIES 2


SCENE 3

(News broadcast)

ANCHOR:    Yesterday a popular Nigerian musician that goes by the name; “Kastalamalaki” was found dead in his hotel room in the early hours of 9:45am when the room service went to serve Mister Kastalamalaki his breakfast as scheduled for that time. The singer is suspected to have been poisoned by a certain lady who identified herself to the hotel receptionist as Miss Clara, confirmed by the receptionist to have been the last person to see Kas before he was discovered dead. The suspect left the premises the previous night indifferently, making it hard for anyone to spot her a capable culprit of such crime. Investigations are still ongoing regarding this tragic development. The Nigerian police have assured fans and lovers of Kastalamalaki that the perpetrator of this crime will be brought to book in no distant time. They also enjoin everyone to pray for the family of the deceased and ask that his gentle soul rest in peace. Bayo Ayetunde; Channels Television News.


SCENE 3 (b)

(Heavenly Places)

SAM:    Lord noooooo! Nooooooo! (Weeps profusely)

GOD:    No need for that now. The life of that young man has ended prematurely because of the path he choose. And the destiny he was to fulfill has been thwarted by a girl to whom I also assigned a destiny to move round the world touching lives. She has chosen to worship money instead, and is rather moving around the world destroying the very lives she is supposed to save just to make money. This is what the people do. They pervert the gifts and talents I embed in them for glorious purpose, and go about doing contrary to the very reason for their existence. Look at the girl that calls herself Clara. Her real name is Mary. But she changes her name on a regular basis just so she can smoothly carry out evil operations without trace. And she has murdered Kastalamalaki, whose real name was Peter.

SAM:    (Still weeping) Lord, what now will become of Kastalamalaki? (Realizes that his real name is Peter, then rephrases his question) Sorry, what now will become of Peter?

GOD:    You will see with your own eyes. Just a little while from now, Peter will be here, and you will witness the reward he spent his lifetime working to earn.

SAM:    Lord please, I hope it will not be too………… (Gets interrupted by Kastalamalaki’s spirit)

KAS:    (Screams frightfully) Where am I? Where am I?

GOD:    You are in the afterlife, where you will be duly rewarded for all your escapades in the land of the living.

KAS:    The afterlife? Do you…? Do you….? Do you mean to tell me that I’m…..? I’m dead?

GOD:    Is it that hard to figure out? Take a look around. Does this look like the world you know?

KAS:    No! No! This is not the world I know! I want to go to the world I know. I’m not dead! I was in my hotel room with a lady who was about surprising me before I suddenly went into a deep sleep. This must be a dream!

GOD:    This is no dream Peter. You’re dead!

KAS:    Peter? People hardly know me by that name. How do you know my name?

GOD:    I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, the first and the last, the Lord God almighty who was, and is, and is to come.

KAS:    (Freaks out completely) Loooooorrrrrrrdd! I’m dead! Lord please forgive my wrongs. I’m sorry for my misdeeds.

GOD:    Why do you ask for pardon when your crimes are yet to be labeled against you?

KAS:    (Fearfully weeping) I know I have done wrong Lord, even without being told. I don’t want to wait for them to be read before me. I started out in church before my obsession for wealth and fame drove me in the wrong direction which has landed in this undesirable state. Lord you know that they were times when the only thing I looked out for in my life was your glory. And the only thing I listened to hear was the sound of the trumpet. But the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of wealth choked my faith and rendered me unfruitful. I can’t really say how I stumbled out of the narrow way and matched along with the outlaws on the broad way. Please show me mercy this day, and grant me one more chance that I may amend my ways and warn the inhabitants of the earth against a dreadful fate as this.

GOD:    Peter, you had your chance but blew it. It is appointed unto men to die once; after that, judgment.

KAS:    No Lord! What about your mercy? You say they are new every morning!

GOD:    Mercy is for the living, not the dead. Where you are right now, they are no mornings and evenings. You will be confined with the rich man who asked for Lazarus to be sent to his relatives to warn them to change their way of life until it is time for judgment. You wasted your destiny and endanger the destinies that are tied to yours.
KAS:    No Lord, Nooooooooooo! Don’t leave me Lord. Have mercyyyyyyyyyyyyy…….,, (God leaves with Sam)

SAM:    (Weeps profusely over Kastalamalaki’s fate) Lord, is there no way at all to help him? You are a merciful God.

GOD:    I reached out to him when he was 19 years of age. He clung to me faithfully till he turned 25, when I empowered him to go about blessing lives with Psalms and spiritual songs. But rather, he began lusting after the pride of life, and that endured till he turned 36 years of age. For all those 11 years I kept calling unto him to consider his ways and redress his steps. But he was so carried away by the euphoria of vanity. His careless living cost him his life at the middle of his years. Nothing can be done to avert his fate. He earned it. The word of God cannot be broken.

SAM:    (Almost weeps his eyes out)

GOD:    Do you weep this much because of Peter’s condition? What then will you do when you see what becomes of Mary, who now goes by the name Clara? She didn’t just stop at murdering Peter. She went ahead to perpetrate more evil, forgetting that there is a God who reigns in the affairs of men, and rewards everyman according to his own works. Look at what she is commended for, and how she goes on with her life.

SCENE 3 (c)

(Vicky’s Mansion)

VICKY:    Alright everybody, grab your glasses and let’s cheer ourselves up over the death of Kastalamalaki. He became too famous and it got into his head. I really don’t appreciate people playing games with my heart. In his case, he played me over and again but I bore with hoping that he’ll one day realize how crazy I was for him but he failed to. Instead he dumped me and walked away after all the sacrifices I made for him. Did he really think walking away from me was going to be that easy? I guess he has now paid for his stupidity after all. (They all laugh) And no one else could have made the job easier if not our very own Clara. (They cheer Clara) Here’s your reward Clara. (Hands her a check of N5 million)That’s a check of N5 million for a job well done. 

CLARA:    Thank you Vicky. It’s always nice doing business with you. I’ll take my leave now. See you when I see you.

VICKY:    Alright girl!

SCENE 4

(Clara’s House)

(Clara, Segun, & Martin)

CLARA:    (Knocks on the door) Hold on, I’m coming. (Opens the door and finds two strangers) Good afternoon.

SEGUN:    Afternoon madam.

CLARA:    How may I help you please?

SEGUN:    We are from the Nigerian police. I am inspector Segun, and this is my partner; Martins.

CLARA:    I don’t remember having any business with the police. So what do you want in my house?

SEGUN:    There was a murder last week at The Monarchy Suites involving the popular singer, Kastalamalaki. One Miss Clara is believed to have been the last person to see and talk to him before he passed on.

CLARA:    And what has that got to do with me?

SEGUN:    We traced the said Miss Clara to this location; this building to be precise.

CLARA:    I’m sorry, but you’re critically misguided. No Clara lives here. I live here, and my name is Mary.

SEGUN:    Sorry if we’re invading your privacy. But you live alone in this house?

CLARA:    Yes; any problems?

SEGUN:    No problems at all. Just that the house seems a bit too classy for a young girl like you.

CLARA:    Officers please, if there is nothing more I can do for you, I’d like to go back in and continue with chores.

SEGUN:    Oh no Miss……..? (Pauses and waits for her to complete the statement with her name)

CLARA:    Mary. Miss Mary.

SEGUN:    (Cuts in) Miss Mary. Oh no Miss Mary. That will be all for now. But if you happen to come across any helpful information, would you mind reaching us?

CLARA:    I’ll try.

SEGUN:    Great! Here is my card. Call me if you find something.

CLARA:    Okay officers. (Closes the door)

SEGUN:    We have to keep an eye on her. She’s hiding something.

MARTIN:    Of cause!

SCENE 4 (b)

VICKY:    (Phone rings) Hi Clara.

CLARA:    Vicky, there’s been an ugly development. Some police officers just paid me a visit. They know I murdered Kas.

VICKY:    What? How did they find you?

CLARA:    How am I supposed to know? They are police officers for crying out loud!

VICKY:    Your operations are always smooth. How come you blew it this time?

CLARA:    Vicky, there’s no time for this talk. I have to leave the country undetected. I believe I’m being watched by the police. They didn’t look like they believed a word I said.

VICKY:    What do you want me to do for you now?

CLARA:    I don’t know. Think of something Vicky. You’re always full of ideas.

VICKY:    Yeah right. Okay, come over to the paint house. I’ll hide you there and ship you off to Cameron before anyone finds out you’re missing.

CLARA:    What if I get followed by the police?

VICKY:    Don’t worry. I’ll send someone who will help you elude them.

CLARA:    Okay Vicky. I’ll just pack a few things and proceed to the paint house.

VICKY:    Hurry Clara. We don’t have much time. (Hangs up and puts a call across to Jack)

JACK:    (Phone rings) Boss!

VICKY:    Hey Jack; how’re you doing?

JACK:    I’m good boss!

VICKY:    I have a job for you. There is a girl I want you to take care of. The police are unto her. If they get to her before we do, we are doomed! She has to be gotten rid of A.S.A.P.

JACK:    Yes boss!

VICKY:    Her name is Clara, the girl I sent to get rid of Kastalamalaki. She blew it and is being investigated by the cops. She’s on her way to the paint house now. Go there and await her arrival. Assassinate her and burn her remains.

JACK:    Don’t worry boss! Job will be well done.

VICKY:    Good luck! (Hangs up)

SCENE 5

(Inside The Paint House)

CLARA:    (Phone rings) Vicky, I’m at the paint house now. It’s empty. There’s no one here.

VICKY:    Relax! Someone has been sent to pick you up. He should be there soon……., 

JACK:    (Interrupts) Hello?

CLARA:    Okay, someone is here.

VICKY:    Alright then, talk to you later. (Proceeds to hang up but suddenly calls on Clara again)Clara!

CLARA:    Yes!

VICKY:    (With an evil tone of voice) Goodbye! (Hangs up)

JACK:    You must be Clara.

CLARA:    Yes please. And you are?

JACK:    Jack! Vicky sent me here to get you. 

CLARA:    Okay. Come on let’s leave now. Vicky said you’re going to help ship me out of the country. We have to hurry before the police get here. I suspect I may have been followed.

JACK:    (Shakes his head mischievously) Nah-nah-nah-nah, we are not leaving. How can we leave when the party is just about to get started?

CLARA:    Jack, I’m at a loss here. What party are you talking about?

JACK:    (Brings out his short gun and click-clacks it) This party!

CLARA:    (Fearfully) Oh Goodness! Jack! What’s up with the gun?

JACK:    Vicky sent me here to kill you. She says you’ve become a liability and must be eliminated.

CLARA:    What? Vicky?

JACK:    Yes Vicky. Sorry if this hurts. But there is nothing I can do to change your faith now. You must be sent to the great beyond. Hope you don’t take this the wrong way. Even you have murdered quite a number of people.

CLARA:    (Begs for her life) Please Jack, please. Spare me! I promise I’ll just go away and never return! Vicky will never find out you didn’t get rid of me as she ordered. I’ll double whatever amount she’s paying you to do this.

JACK:    I’m sorry Clara. I’m a professional. And professionals don’t leave the job undone.

SCENE 5 (b)

(Outside The Paint House)

SEGUN:    ({Siren} The two cops that visited Clara had followed her to the paint house without her knowledge, though she suspected) Here’s her car. She must be inside that building.

MARTIN:    What is she trying to do? She packed her things and came to this building? What for? I thought she was going to the airport to try and fly out of the country or something. Segun, what do you make out of her coming to this place? What is this place in the first place?

SEGUN:    I don’t know. Let’s go in there and find out. (The proceed towards the paint house but heard a gunshot and retreated to their car and hid behind it)What was that? What was that?

MARTIN:    Gunshot! Someone has been shot!

SEGUN:    What do we do now?

MARTIN:    We should go in there and comprehend them.

SEGUN:    No no! That’s a bad idea. We don’t even know how many they are in there. We should just wait here and see who comes out of the building. Meanwhile, call for backup!

MARTIN:    Rambo 1!-Rambo 1! This is Inspector Martins, calling in from unit 1204. Gunshot fired! We need back up; over!


SCENE 5 (c)

(Inside The Paint House)

CLARA:    (Struggling for her life after being shot by Jack) Jack please don’t kill me. Let me live.

JACK:    No way! I guess you need another bullet. I’ll give it to you again. Rest in peace Clara (Shoots her again)

CLARA:    Ahhhhh! (Dies)

SEGUN:    (From outside the paint house) Another gunshot.

BCK UP:    (On radio) This is Rambo 1 coming in from base. ETA, 5 minutes. Over!

MARTIN:    Backup is on the way.

JACK:    Clara? Claaaaraaa? Oh! She’s dead. (Calls Vicky)Hello Vicky, Clara is dead! No, I’m yet to burn her body. Okay Vicky. Oh poor Clara. Too bad you’re not even gonna get a decent burial. Alright, let’s get you somewhere and burn you up. (Lifts her on his shoulder and makes to go out of the paint house)

MARTIN:    (Sights Jack carrying Clara on her shoulder and putting her into the boot of his car) Segun! Segun look! That guy is carrying a dead lady out of the building into the boot of his car. He must have killed her.

SEGUN:    Let’s move unto him at once!

MARTIN:    No, let’s wait for backup.

SEGUN:    He’ll be gone before backup arrives! I’m going in!

MARTIN:    Segun wait…. Back up is almost here

SEGUN:    (Interrupts) He’s getting into his car. Hey you! Hold it there! This is the Nigerian police! Step out of the car. Put your hands in the air and move away from the car slowly.

JACK:    Shet!!! The police! I have to get out of here (Kick starts his car and drives away. The police fire some shots but couldn’t get him, then the hop into their car and chase Jack)

SEGUN:    (While chasing) Call backup and update them on the current situation of things

MARTIN:    Rambo 1, Rambo 1 come in!

BCKUP:    This is Rambo 1.

MARTIN:    Change of location. Suspect is now heading east of the stadium arena; driving in a black Toyota Tundra 2010 Model.

BCK UP:    Got you! (Siren sounds intensify as car tires screech unceasingly. The chase continues until one of the road users loses control of his steering due to confusion from the wild driving of Jack and the police. That leads to an unavoidable collision of cars, followed by an explosion involving Jacks car)

MARTIN:    (Screams) Break Breeeaaaakkk! (Sudden break produces extended screech) Look Segun! The suspect’s car has exploded! He must be dead!

SEGUN:    Let’s go check it out! (The run to Jack’s car and search inside for his body but find nothing) He’s not in the car! Where has he gone?

MARTIN:    He has escaped! (Opens the boot & Clara’s body) Segun look! It’s the girl we were investigating. He killed her.

SEGUN:    Oh No! He wasted her; but why?
    
To be continued.

Comments