WASTED DESTINIES 4


SCENE 10

ANCHOR:    Reaching you live from the town’s main bridge where a near dead body of a man has been spotted, people of different age groups are clustering around a preacher who’s trying to take the man to a clinic for medical attention since he has lost a lot of blood from an unknown incident and is already considered dead by some of the spectators. The police have however been contacted and information has it that an ambulance is on the way already, but the preacher seems to be losing his patience as the victim’s life appears to be diminishing at every passing second. We hope to bring you more updates on this matter as we uncover the mystery behind this development. Bayo Ayetunde; Channels Television News.


SCENE 10 (b)

PREACHER:    Give way please. I have to take this man to a hospital immediately. I don’t know when the ambulance will arrive. Let’s try to help the young man and not wait endlessly for an ambulance that might end up arriving when the man is dead!

VIEWER 1:    (Ambulance arrives {Siren blowing} Viewer 1 notifies) Evangelist! Evangelist! The ambulance has arrived!

PREACHER:    O’ thank God! (The ambulance stops and Jack is taken into the car)

DOC:    What happened to him?

PREACHER:    I don’t know Doctor. There’s no time for talk now. Let’s just see how to resuscitate him. He’ll tell us everything when he’s okay. (The conclude everything and the ambulance drives off to the hospital with loud siren)

SCENE 11

SAM:    Lord, please, I was asking what will become of Jack when he gets here since he’s coming home with unused gifts and talents, and has not accomplished his mission on earth.

GOD:    I will spare him and let him live for that purpose. I will give him a second chance.

SAM:    Lord, are you going to send him back to life? Because the Jack I see right now is as good as dead. There is nothing the Doctors can do to save him now.

GOD:    Yes my son. But like you said; he is as good as dead, and not dead. And also, the Doctors are not the ones who are going to save him now. It is I who will save him. I will do that because he reconciled with me, though at the brink of death. I am giving him another opportunity to reconcile the people of the world to me like he was destined to do.

SAM:    But Lord, he will be arrested and confined to the four walls of the prison by the police because of his criminal offenses. He may even be sentenced to death.

GOD:    I said in my word that they that call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Now that he knows me, he will call upon my name, and I shall save him from death.

SAM:    Even if you save him from death, he will be incarcerated for his crimes. Or will you also cause him to walk freely like on who never committed any such crimes?

GOD:    No my son. He must restitute.

SAM:    How then will he reconcile men to you from prison?

GOD:    He will reconcile the unsaved souls in prison to me.

SAM:    Lord, are you only interested in the unsaved ones in prison?

GOD:    No. But that is jack’s primary ministry. He was destined to reach out to people in prison from the outside. But his former lifestyle has not permitted him to do so from the outside. So he will now do so while confined with them.

SAM:    Hmmmm, Lord, this is mind blowing! But Lord, what about those in other prisons? He will only be able to reach out to those in the same prison with him.

GOD:    He will be sentenced to 25 years in prison because of his murders. That’s not how I intended for it to be. But he called it upon himself when he chose violence. However, for the 25 years he’ll be confined to that prison, he will reconcile many to me. After 25 years, he will be released. Then he will continue his ministry in other prisons from the outside until the day of his death, and I will bless him abundantly. But know this; he’s not the only one destined to reach out to people in prisons. There are others too, as well as those destined to reach out to students in primary, secondary, and tertiary levels of education. There are also those destined to reach out to people in the upper and lower levels of life, in the hospitals and many other places and phases of life; and these to be done in different ways like singing, writing, preaching, giving, acting, and many other ways too numerous to mention.

SAM:    Lord, you are undoubtedly the only wise God, the merciful father who is faithful and just to forgive the trespasses of the unrighteous. You are God alone, and from generation to generation you remain the same. You are the God that changeth not, the balm in Gilead and the giver of eternal life. I worship you. All that is within me praises you holy name.

GOD:    My blessings shall never depart from your house my son Samuel. Generations shall come and go, but my covenant with you will I not break.

SAM:    Glory be to you name forever. But Lord, I have one more question to ask.

GOD:    Go ahead my son; I’m all ears.

SAM:    Vicky, the chief architect of all that has happened is still at large. No one knows of her involvement in the murders of Kastalamalaki whose real name is Peter, and Clara whose real name is Mary. Will she not be brought to book? And what about the innocent driver Vicky sent to pick Jack from the beach? He is believed to be Jack’s partner in crime & will be tried & found guilty, & then sentenced to prison or death for a crime he didn’t commit

GOD:    Hahaha, my dear son Samuel, you have carefully note the things I’ve shown you in this vision. Now I am confident that you will rightly inform mankind of the things you have witnessed in this vision. Come! I will also show you what will become of Vicky and the driver. Look!

SCENE 12

(Police Station)

DRIVER:    (Crying and pleading) Officer please I’m innocent. I’m innocent. You are going to drag an innocent man to court.

SEGUN:    Innocent man ni, innocent man kor. You are going to die by hanging if proven guilty of this crime. And of cause, you are guilty as it stands. But if you bring in your partner, we might decide to reconsider and let you rot in jail instead of hanging you. The choice is yours.

DRIVER:    Officer abeg! Abeg oooooo! I’ve been here for two days now without committing any offence. Let me go please.

MARTIN:    Sharap!!! (Call comes in) Hello? Yes this is inspector Martin on the line. Inspector Segun is here with me. What? Which hospital? We are coming there immediately! (Hangs up)

SEGUN:    Martin, what is it?

MARTIN:    The suspect has been apprehended. He was found under the flyover in a near death state and was rushed to the hospital.

SEGUN:    Which hospital?

MARTIN:    Samaritan Clinic.

SEGUN:    Let’s go there immediately! Let’s go! Hey you! Your partner has been found out. If you complied with us and helped us find him, your punishment would have been reduced. But now that we found him without your help, you’ll pay full for you crimes! Criminal!

DRIVER:    Officer I’m not a criminal oooooo! Ask that person you call my partner and he will confirm to you that we don’t each other from Adam. Oh God please vindicate me! Vindicate me oo, God of heaven! (Officers leave while driver keeps crying and lamenting and praying to God to save him)

SCENE 13

(Samaritan Clinic)

SEGUN:    (Rushes into the hospital with Martin but gets halted by the doctor. He brings out his I.D card to identify himself) I am inspector Segun from the state CID, and this is my partner, Martin. We’re here in respect of a suspect that was just admitted in your hospital.

DOC:    Oh’, officers, you’re welcome. This way please. (Leads them to Jack’s room) Here he is officers. He is still unconscious at the moment. He lost a lot of blood and was almost dead when we admitted him. That he is still breathing now is a miracle. And it will take another miracle for him to regain consciousness.
SEGUN:    Doctor, are you implying that this guy has 0% survival?

DOC:    In fear of using the words “zero”, and for the sake of optimism and positivity, I phrased that it will take a miracle for him to awake. You do believe in miracles, don’t you officers? (Segun & Martin begin mumbling unheard words in confusion like those unaware of what a miracle is) I understand you perfectly well officers. We have to leave the young man alone now. He needs to rest extensively to regain consciousness after losing that much blood.

SEGUN:    Okay Doc. But how long has he been here now?

DOC:    Two days now.

SEGUN:    He should be up by now nah!

DOC:    Officer, this is nothing close to the kind of resuscitation you’re familiar with. If you try that on this young man in this state, be sure to murder his body, his spirit, and his soul at the same time. Let’s leave now. We’ll check on him later

SEGUN:    Okay Doctor. (They make to leave, and just then Jack regains consciousness and lets out a cough) Doctor! Doctor! The guy is awake! He’s awake! He just coughed!

DOC:    I know. Let me check on him. (Draws near to Jack and examines him) He’s awake! This is a miracle!

JACK:    (Opens his eyes dizzily and speaks with a drained tone of voice) Where am I?

DOC:    You are safe. This is a hospital where you were rushed in for treatment after being found almost dying under the railway’s flyover. What happened to you?

JACK:    (Still with a drained tone of voice) I….. I…..,

SEGUN:    (Excuses the Doctor and speaks to Jack) Excuse me Doctor, let me talk to him. Hello Mr. Jack. I am inspector Segun from the State CID, and this my partner, inspector Martin. We want to have a word with you.

JACK:    State CID? (Jack lies back and loses consciousness again after letting out and exhaustive moan)

DOC:    He has lost consciousness again.

MARTIN:    (Flares up) Na lie! Because say he don hear state CID ee lose consciousness abi? Wake up now! He must wake up today o! (Segun joins Martin in the protest while Doctor tries to calm them)

DOC:    Take it easy officers! Let the young man be. He’ll come around again soon now that he has shown a sign of life.

MARTIN:     No o! The guy must wake up now o! (Officers and Doctor argue over it till other Doctors come in and calm the officers and urge them to the premises, promising to them the moment Jack regains consciousness again)

DOC:    Officers, I will call you the moment the wakes up okay? Okay?

SEGUN:    Okay Doc. We will leave now. But make sure you call us the moment this criminal awakes.

DOC:    No problems! (The officers leave)

SCENE 14

(Police Custody)

(Three weeks after Jack’s discharge from the hospital after gaining consciousness)

JACK:    So officers; that is what happened. The guy you have in your custody now is just the driver she sent to pick me up after I escaped from the hold up to the bridge. He is innocent as he pleads. Vicky is the one who called all the shots. She ordered for the murder of Kastalamalaki and Clara. And she left me to die at the bridge.

SEGUN:    So where is Vicky now?

JACK:    I don’t know. The last thing she told me was that she was going to destroy her sim card and change location for a while. She probably has done all that already. Getting to her might be somewhat difficult. She’s very smart.

SEGUN:    Oh yea? She can’t run away forever. We are going to get her.

JACK:    How will you do that when you don’t even know where she is?

SEGUN:    Information has it that she was Kastalamalaki’s girlfriend. How correct is that?

JACK:    Very correct!

SEGUN:    Good. Now this is what we’ll do. We will bring up Kastalamalaki’s case and make people who knew him closely to believe that Kastalamalaki willed 50% of his wealth to a secret lover of his who the world didn’t know. That information should trend largely among friends of Kastalamalaki and will somehow get to someone who knows Vicky, and that someone will reach out to Vicky. Then Vicky will come out of hiding to claim her share of Kastalamalaki’s wealth, and we’ll arrest her. Before then, we will make them believe Kastalamalaki’s murderer could not be traced. When Vicky senses that the air is clear, she will take the bait and fall into the trap.

JACK:    Wow! Officer, that’s very intelligent of you. She will surely fall for that. And she is going to regret killing Kastalamalaki because she will think he really loved her; not knowing it’s a trap. But you will have to put false information to people.

SEGUN:    Sometimes we go all length to ensure that justice is done. When she is arrested, we will reach out to those people again, stating that the information about Kastalamalaki was false and was intended to lead his murderer to the police. When the people see that Kastalamalaki’s real murderer is arrested, they will understand that we had to do it in order to get to Vicky.

JACK:    Well Officer, in that case; fire on! But one more thing; the driver under detention is innocent. You should release him now that I have testified to his innocence.

SEGUN:    Yes. We will release him. But you are going in, and will be taken to court for final verdict.

JACK:    No problem at all officer. I am ready to pay for my wrongs. Just let the innocent man go.

SEGUN:    Inspector Martin!

MARTIN:    Yes sir!

SEGUN:    Release the driver. And throw this man behind bars, pending when his case will be taken to court.

MARTIN:    Yes sir.  This way! (Throws Jack behind bars and releases the driver)  Mr. Driver, you may now go. You’re free.

DRIVER:    Thank you Jesus o! Chai! Thank you Jesus. So na like this I for don take go? Just like that? Chai! Thank God oo! (The driver offers God thanks and praise as he gets his belongings and leaves the police station)

SEGUN:    Martin!

MARTIN:    Yes sir.
SEGUN:    We have work to do. Seat down. Let’s strategize on how to apply the idea I just birthed and see far it goes in leading us to the suspect.

MARTIN:    Alright.

SCENE 15

LAWYER:    (Phone rings) Hello?

VICKY:    Hello? Am I speaking to Kastalamalaki’s lawyer?

LAWYER:    Yes you are. And you are?

VICKY:    (Starts shedding crocodile tears) I’m his girlfriend. Information just came to me in America that he was murdered. So a friend of mine sent me this number and told me that you are the lawyer in charge of his case. I hear that someone poisoned his drink. Why are people so wicked? (Intensifies crocodile tears) 

LAWYER:    I’m so sorry for your loss young lady. But people are indeed very wicked! Why would someone even consider doing such a thing to someone like Kastalamalaki?

VICKY:    (Still shedding crocodile tears) I don’t know o, lawyer I don’t know. Chai! And we were planning on settling down when I return to Nigeria. I never knew I wasn’t going to see him again ooo…, (Intensifies crocodile tears)

LAWYER:    But young lady, you say the information just got to you. Weren’t you talking to each other while you were away?

VICKY:    We were until I lost my phone some time ago. I was only hoping to see him when I return to Nigeria. Little did I know that that my enemies were at work.

LAWYER:    Eyaaaaa. Then maybe you are the girl he willed half of his wealth to.

VICKY:    (Acts and sounds surprised) Willed half of his wealth to? Lawyer, do you know what you are saying?

LAWYER:    Please Ma, do you happen to go by the name; Vicky Diamond?

VICKY:    Yes. That’s my name.

LAWYER:    Then I’m glad to inform you that your boyfriend left you half of his wealth.

VICKY:    (Acts and sounds more surprised) Oh my gosh! You’ve got to be kidding me! Are you for real?

LAWYER:    I couldn’t be more serious. Please reach me soon and legally claim that which belongs to you.

VICKY:    (Crying) Yes sir. I will be in Nigeria next week. I’ll see you when I get there.

LAWYER:    Alright dear. Take heart ehn.., don’t cry too much.

VICKY:    Okay sir. Thank you very much. Goodbye. (Hangs up and wonders) So Kas really loved me this much? Half of his wealth willed to me? Why then was he acting contrary to his feelings all that time? (Mourns Kastalamalaki’s death for the first time and regrets killing him) Oh Kas why? Why Kas? Why? (Crying continues)

SCENE 16

SAM:    Lord, the police mapped out an intelligent strategy through which the will capture Vicky. The innocent driver has been freed, and Jack is in custody. Justice has taken its course, thought destinies have been wasted. I know that Jack will be free again after 25 years to continue his ministry. But what will happen to Vicky now?

GOD:    I will let the law of man have its course on her. Whatever verdict the judge makes, that shall stand. Now look, she has been caught. They will all proceed to court for hearing. Samuel my son, I hope you have taken not of all I have shown you so that you may rightly inform mankind of the things you have witnessed in this vision?

SAM:    Yes Lord, I have.

GOD:    Good. Now take note of this one. It is the last I shall show you in this particular vision. Look how Vicky’s destiny will also be wasted like she wasted other people’s destiny. LOOK!

SCENE 17

JUDGE:    Having found the accused guilty of the crime labeled against him, Jack is now being sentenced to 25 years in prison with hard labor because he owned up to his crime. And also, Miss Vicky Diamond who refused to own up to her crime has been found to be the chief architect of the murders of the popular Nigerian singer Kastalamalaki, and one Miss Clara, and has been sentenced to death by hanging. This is my Judgment! Court!!
VICKY:    Death by hanging? Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!           

THE END

Comments